The Presidency's urban policy events
For the Belgian Presidency of the EU, Perspective is responsible for organising 4 meetings of Member State representatives.
These meetings bring together the Member State administrations responsible for urban affairs. A number of European institutions responsible for urban policy and international networks also attend.
These events are as follows:
- UATPG : Urban Agenda Technical Preparatory Group: the UATPG is a small working group whose members are selected from within the UDG and whose aim is to support the implementation and review of the Urban Agenda for the EU process.
- UDG : Urban Development Group : the Urban Development Group meeting brings together the technical contact points of EU Member States, partners and a number of European institutions to prepare for the Directors-General Meetings (DGUM).
- DGUM : Directors-General on Urban Matters: the Directors-General on Urban Matters from each Member and Partner State are invited by the President of the Council to meet once every six months.
- UAEU Lab : Urban Agenda for the EU: workshop on monitoring and implementing the Urban Agenda for the EU.
In addition to these four intergovernmental events, the Brussels Region is taking the initiative to organise two further events:
- a high-level meeting of mayors of major cities;
- a meeting between European urban planning agencies.